The E50 is a unique horizontal mirror-image nearfield/midfield monitor that brings the studio experience into your living room. This 3-way 6" loudspeaker in a molded enclosure with Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal waveguide reproduces sound with unparalleled spaciousness and definition. It may be wall-mounted or placed on a shelf either horizontally or vertically.
The pure-titanium tweeter and the midrange transducer are mounted on a Linear Field Proximity bezel that ensures a seamless transition between the middle and high frequencies. The PolyPlas cone woofer features traditional JBL engineering, the same technologies used in JBL's Professional equipment that can be found in stadiums, music halls and movie theaters around the world. Shielded components allow placement near video monitors. High-temperature, oversized Kapton voice coil and HeatScape motor structure allow these speakers to effortlessly play all types of movies and music.
The woofers are built on cast-aluminum frames, which reduce distortion and increase power-handling capability. A low-diffraction IsoPower baffle directs the sound power into the room, reducing distortion caused by cabinet vibration. The sealed enclosure ensures tight, undistorted bass with no boominess. JBL's custom-designed drivers allow the use of simple Straight-Line Signal Path crossover networks with high-quality electrical components, minimizing processing that could degrade the signal. Equipped with all-metal, 5-way, gold-plated binding post speaker terminals.
- Maximum Amplifier Power: 175w
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (0 VU): 90 dB
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20kHz (-3 dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 800Hz, 3200Hz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" Pure titanium dome with EOS waveguide
- Mid Frequency Driver: 4" PolyPlas cone
- Low Frequency Driver: 8" PolyPlas cone
- Ported: Sealed enclosure
- Enclosure: Acoustic suspension
- Terminals: All-metal, gold plated, 5-way binding posts
- Built-in Amplifier: No
- Finish and Grille Color: Black, Black (removable)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 17-1/2 x 11-1/2 x 12-1/4" (445 x 292 x 311mm)
- Weight: 25 lbs. (11.4 kg)
- Specialties Multi-position: Allows you to position these mirror-image speakers either horizontally or vertically, wall-mounted or on a bookshelf.
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.