The Evolution TR systems have stood the test of time by delivering unsurpassed value and performance in their price class. The TR400-CXi system features 4-inch (100 mm) woofers with mineral-filled polypropylene cones, long excursion capabilities and stamped steel frames.
The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems. Breakaway mounting tabs on the woofer frame allow the TR400-CXi to be installed in four-hole or two-hole configurations. Injection-Molded adaptor plates are also included to allow mounting of the TR400-CXi speakers into a 4 x 6 (100 x 150 mm) speaker location.
Tweeters are coaxially mounted and built with 0.5-inch textile diaphragms that deliver clean response, on and off axis. The small size of the TR tweeter minimizes tweeter protrusion, allowing TR coaxials to fit behind most factory speaker grilles. Speaker grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray with satin silver accents and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
- 4" Evolution TR Series 2-Way Coaxial Speaker System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 210 watts per pair / 105 watts each
- RMS: 70 watts per pair / 35 watts each
- Top-mount depth: 1.81"
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.81"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 84.5 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 71 Hz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power Range: 10 - 50 watts per channel
- Injection-molded, mica-filled, polypropylene cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- Flat-profile, symmetrical-roll spider
- 1.00" (25mm) Voice Coil
- Flexible mounting system w/ detachable mounting tabs
- Included 4" x 6" injection-molded adaptor plates
- 0.50" Textile dome tweeter
- Integral phase plug
- Neodymium magnet tweeters
- Ferrofluid cooled and damped
- Black Steel Mesh Grille with An Electroformed JL Audio Logo Included
- Product Highlights:
- 2-way 4" speakers (pair)
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer
- butyl rubber surround
- 1/2" textile dome tweeter
- includes adapter plates for mounting in 4"x6" openings
- 4-ohm impedance
- 10-35 watts RMS power range
- frequency response: 71-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 84.5 dB
- depth: 1-7/8"
- Car speakers are usually sold as a pair unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440910293
- Weight: 3
- Sku: 91029
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Blarg From Babylon
|I ordered the TR400 CX because I read the review saying they fit in a Blazer/Jimmy. They sent me the CXi's instead. Same price, newer speaker, they look solid, I kept em. Anyhow they don't just drop into my 99 Sonoma dash. There is definitely some mods involved. Like sawing plastic off of the back of the stock grill (fragile) without breaking them. Drilling in the adaptor plate is required also. About the speakers, for 4's these slam! Running without a crossover they throw like subs and are clear and loud. Tweeters sound more smooth than crispy. Great speaker overall. It your looking for instafresh and rock a sonoma/etc. Do yourself a favor and get 4x6s that fit, Cause these take some time and tools to make right. Yo, I had to type a long review cause the sonoma dash can be a vicious beast and there is little on it.|