- Peak power: 1,400 watts
- Rated power: 100-700 watts RMS
- ABS plastic cone
- Butyl rubber surround
- Cast aluminum frame
- Frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 84 dB
- Top-mount depth: 7-1/8"
- Sealed box volume: 1.0 cubic feet
- 700 Watts of CONTINOUS power-handling capability! Seriously.
- 2.5-inch glass/epoxy Voice Coil Former, wound with four layers of heavy-gauge high-temperature aluminum wire, provides the highest level of reliable power-handling.
- Vented Voice Coil, Pole Piece and Basket to more reliably cool high power output in competition situations.
- Massive Die-Cast Aluminum Basket housing a 16-pound motor structure.
- Specially designed curved vanes in the Subwoofer Basket conduct the massive airflow, preventing turbulence and nixing any noise or "chuffing."
- Super tough NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) Surround damps distortion-inducing resonance and stands up to harsh automotive environments.
- Stiff ABS Cones employ catenary geometry, identical to the graph of a hyperbolic cosine, for... Wait a sec. Scan backwards. "Catenary geometry"? "Hyperbolic cosine"? Far as I can tell with my limited knowledge of anything (except how loud this @$£*&%! is), catenary geometry and the hyperbolic cosine describe a curve with a deep, deep low dip; like a mad smile. Suffice to say, it means that engineers got their grubby hands all over these cones and designed them to be so stiff that they damp any distortion that might want to "cosine" anywhere near your deep bass. Enough math! More volume!
- Dynamic Balance Technology, using full-field laser imaging. Dynamic Balance enables Polk engineers are to discover previously hidden distortions on moving drivers. When they see it, they fix it. (You can watch cool little animated laser interferometry images of speakers doing bad things HERE.) You benefit because Dynamic Balance technology designs these performance-robbing resonances right out of Polk Audio drivers. The result is a distortion-free sound that's smooth and effortless, even at competition-level volume.
- Cone construction is optimized with the Klippel Distortion Analyzer, which uses laser technology to better control driver behavior under high output. It maximizes linearity, minimizes distortion, and flattens and extends frequency response.
- Dual Spiders tightly control the Cone's long excursion for the ultimate in tight, detailed, musical bass.
- 10" Single 4-Ohm Voice Coil configuration.
- Professional Hex-Key Terminals (and a nifty 2.5mm Allen Key, included) can accommodate thick 8-gauge wire.
- Optimized for performance in a small sealed enclosure (or a larger vented enclosure), and designed for easy installation.
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
jeff From ct
|so sweet!awesome sub shouldve got the dvc tho wouldve made amp shopping alot easier.for a 10inch sub it **** on dual 12s all day!no problems at all with this sub i would recommend this to anyone.polk audio is the best!|