The marine environment presents a special challenge. Salt water, high humidity, wide temperature range and relentless pounding from the sun take a toll on speakers. Many marine speakers trade on-water durability for sound quality. Not so with the MM651UM- a dedicated Ultra Marine model for your watercraft needs. Designed and styled specifically for use in the marine environment, it isn't just car speaker labeled for use on a boat. Use it in a speaker can or installed on your boat, it works great for both! A unique tweeter-on-grille design eliminates the traditional tweeter post, resulting in a totally sealed front. With waterproof materials, it will stand up to just about any harsh marine environment while sounding great.
- Woven glass composite cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- 1" Soft dome weather resistant dynamic balance tweeter
- Completely sealed speakers for marine use
- Built-on grille
- Sealed crossover assembly is built into the back of the magnet
- Klippel distortion analyzer
- 4 ohms impedance
- 1-3/8" (30mm) Large diameter voice coil
- Neodymium magnet structure
- Stainless steel heavy duty input terminals and mounting hardware
- Salt, fog and UV Resistant
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/8"
- Completely Sealed front design prevents water intrusion.
- Built-On Grille includes Tweeter Mount which eliminates the traditional tweeter "stalk".
- Sealed Crossover Assembly is built Into Back of Magnet means there's no need to find room to hide an extra box.
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Input Terminals and mounting hardware will not corrode or tarnish.
- Passes The Most Rigorous 600 Hours of Salt Fog and UV Testing (ASTM International B117-03 Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus and D4329-99 Standard
- Dynamic Balance® Driver Technology for pure, distortion free sound.
- Neodymium is a rare earth material we use in all MM driver magnets, excluding 461p, that are about 1/10 the weight of a comparable ceramic magnet and much more powerful.
- Carbon Composite Basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight and will not flex.
- Woven Glass Composite Cones feature tremendous stiffness-to mass ratio. Lower mass means faster transients and finer detail.
- Klippel Optimized Components for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Marine Certified Polk MM Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Large-Diameter Voice Coil (30mm) increases reliability and power handling capacity.
*Warranty: Limited 30 Day Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
Limited 30 Day warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Julio Pool From Seychelles
|I purchased three pairs and hooked them up to a six channel clarion amp in my boat. They were amazing and everyone loved them. It was the best sounding 6.5 inch speaker that I ever. But sadly they lasted for about 2 months then one by one they started failing on me. They were supposed to be splash and salt water resistant. I bought these cause they were first on top ten.com.
I cant understand how these speakers are rated top if they don't last a few months on the water. So disappointed with polk audio. But I am sure that they would perform exceptionally good in a car far away from salt water.
Wayne Butts From Clearwater, fl
|I have had multiple boats and all had stereo systems. My Polk audio speakers have outlasted and out performed all of my previous speakers. They are mounted on the side of my center console and get wet at least once per week. So far, so good!
Kevin Winters From Edmonton, Alberta
|Great full range sound. I have them on my motorcycle, powerful speakers.|