The marine environment presents a special challenge. Salt water, high humidity, wide temperature range and relentless pounding from the sun take a toll on speakers. Many marine speakers trade on-water durability for sound quality. Not so with the MM651UM- a dedicated Ultra Marine model for your watercraft needs. Designed and styled specifically for use in the marine environment, it isn't just car speaker labeled for use on a boat. Use it in a speaker can or installed on your boat, it works great for both! A unique tweeter-on-grille design eliminates the traditional tweeter post, resulting in a totally sealed front. With waterproof materials, it will stand up to just about any harsh marine environment while sounding great.
- Woven glass composite cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- 1" Soft dome weather resistant dynamic balance tweeter
- Completely sealed speakers for marine use
- Built-on grille
- Sealed crossover assembly is built into the back of the magnet
- Klippel distortion analyzer
- 4 ohms impedance
- 1-3/8" (30mm) Large diameter voice coil
- Neodymium magnet structure
- Stainless steel heavy duty input terminals and mounting hardware
- Salt, fog and UV Resistant
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/8"
- Completely Sealed front design prevents water intrusion.
- Built-On Grille includes Tweeter Mount which eliminates the traditional tweeter "stalk".
- Sealed Crossover Assembly is built Into Back of Magnet means there's no need to find room to hide an extra box.
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Input Terminals and mounting hardware will not corrode or tarnish.
- Passes The Most Rigorous 600 Hours of Salt Fog and UV Testing (ASTM International B117-03 Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus and D4329-99 Standard
- Dynamic Balance® Driver Technology for pure, distortion free sound.
- Neodymium is a rare earth material we use in all MM driver magnets, excluding 461p, that are about 1/10 the weight of a comparable ceramic magnet and much more powerful.
- Carbon Composite Basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight and will not flex.
- Woven Glass Composite Cones feature tremendous stiffness-to mass ratio. Lower mass means faster transients and finer detail.
- Klippel Optimized Components for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Marine Certified Polk MM Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Large-Diameter Voice Coil (30mm) increases reliability and power handling capacity.
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.