The FPR is a patented and unique in that the cone is attached directly to the spider. This design allows the spider to better control the cone movement especially its one way motion, Xmax. The angled design of the basket allows the cone to travel farther than a conventional subwoofer which would be limited by the spider's connection to the basket. Additionally, the cone utilizes a curved design where it connects to the surround. This not only advantageous as it more easily connects to the spider but it also increases the surface diameter of the cone. The increased Xmax and surface diameter gained as a result of the design allow the subwoofer to move more air and generate higher SPL.
- Patented Shallow Design
- Increased excursion
- Superior volume displacement
- Optimized for Sealed Enclosures
- 0.60 cu ft Air Space Required
- 300W-400W RMS Power
The FPR subwoofer uses two design elements to regulate the high temperatures generated at the voice coil. Like other MTX subwoofers the FPR series uses the mechanical cooling process, Spider Plateau Venting, to continually circulate air to the voice coil eliminating distortion resulting from excessive temperatures. Additionally, the aluminum dustcap in the cone connects directly to the voice coil and transfers heat away from the voice coil further ensuring reliability and sound quality.
- Patented Flat Piston Design
- True Subwoofer Low Frequency Performance
- Spider Plateau Venting Mechanical Cooling Process Targets Cool Air at the Voice Coil
- Extended Xmax for Increased Volume Displacement
- High Roll Surround Increases Surface Diameter for Greater Volume Displacement
- Product Highlights:
- 12" shallow-mount subwoofer with single 2-ohm voice coil
- polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- power range: 200-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 22-150 Hz
- sensitivity: 83 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-3/8"
- sealed box volume: 0.84 cubic feet
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 715442352388
- Weight: 13
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Robert McColl From Florida
|Good value for money. Hits fairly hard for a shallow mount. You won't be dissapointed.|
momo78 From Tacoma, WA
Bought these to finish off the system install in my 2000 Durango R/T. I wanted something small and compact so I didn't lose all of the cargo space behind the 3rd row seat but also hit hard...and I found it in these! I am only pushing 250rms each but they hit harder then my 2 Fosgate 15's! Forget looking in the rearview or the side mirrors, you cant see nothing from the vibration! Matched with MTX 2" & 4" tweeters and the 6.5" mid bass drivers in the doors and powered by the MTX 1200W Jackhammer 5 channel amp, it will drive you right out of the truck! Thanks to the 56sqft of dynamat there is no rattling to be heard when outside the truck.