The 55 Series, MTX's best selling subwoofer family, is a perfect mix of performance and value for enthusiasts that want to add extreme bass to their system without breaking the bank. We have squeezed an oversized cone into the standard 10", 12" and 15" frames, so the sub moves more air and gives you more bass. The woofer's movement cools the sub as it plays, so it doesn't overheat when you're rocking out.
The special suspension exerts extra control when you're pushing the sub hard. Some would say that we've once again out done ourselves, but it only gets better and better. If you want to have the best sounding, loud and pounding bass around and not break the bank, then the 55 Series is your subwoofer. Whether you have space for 10, 12 or 15 inch, we have the Bass For you!
- Expanded surface area allows for increased volume displacement and SPL
- Progressive suspension controls excursion at high power reducing distortion
- Inverted Apex surround with symmetrical geometry controls cone movement
- Radial ribbed t-yoke dissipates heat and decreases distortion
- 2.0" xmax, high temperature voice coil
This subwoofer features the MTX Inverted Apex Surround. This is a departure from a traditional half roll surround. The Inverted Apex is narrower thereby increasing the surface diameter of the subwoofer cone enabling it to displace more air and generate higher SPL. The 55's are designed with a progressive suspension that lowers distortion resulting in improved sound quality even at high volume.
55 Series Spider Plateau Venting
This subwoofer also incorporates Spider Plateau Venting which is a mechanical cooling process thattargets cool air at the voice coil and a radial ribbed t-yoke that acts as a heat sink effectively managing the subwoofer temperature for long term rocking performance.
- Expanded Surface Area Allows for Increased Volume Displacement and SPL
- Progressive Suspension Controls Excursion at High Power Reducing Distortion
- Inverted Apex Surround with Symmetrical Geometry Controls Cone Movement
- Radial Ribbed T-Yoke Dissipates Heat and Decreases Distortion
- 2.0" High Temperature Voice Coil
- 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- power handling: 200-400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 800 watts
- frequency response: 28-130 Hz
- sensitivity: 83.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-11/16"
- sealed box volume: .75 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 2.0 cu. ft.
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 715442352746
- Weight: 14
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.