Engineered specifically for powersports applications, the 4-channel HX280/4 amplifier employs our high-speed NexD™ switching design to deliver plenty of clean power, without straining charging systems. Its tiny, cast aluminum chassis is highly resistant to corrosion, with an IPX6 water-resistance rating, making it perfect for motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles.
Generating a solid 50W x 4 into 4 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the HX280/4 is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a potent 140W x 2 into 4 ohms.
Other features include independent front and rear crossovers with selectable full-range, high-pass or low-pass filter controls and a dual-range input section that accepts a wide range of input voltage levels, from line-level all the way to high-power speaker level signals.
- Monoblock Class D Full Range Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating @ 14.4 V:
- 4 ohms: 50 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan.
- Bridged 4 ohms: 140 watts x 2 chan.
- RMS Power Rating @ 12.5 V:
- 4 ohms: 36 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 52 watts x 4 chan.
- Bridged 4 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan.
- Channel Input Mode Switch: 2 / 3 / 4
- Switchable filter modes: Low-Pass / High-Pass
- Variable filter: 35 - 300 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1.0%
- Signal to Noise Ration: 89.5 dB
- Damping Factor: >60
- Fuse Rating: 35A x 1
- Dimensions: 8.66"W x 3.09"D x 1.77"H
- 8 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier.
- NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design
- Black powder-coated finish
- Gasketed cover for the controls
- Stainless steel hardware for durability
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Accepts RCA (low-level) & Speaker-level (high-level) signal
- Switchable Input sensitivity: 250 mV-4 V (Low) to 750 mV-15 V (High)
- 4-channel amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (70 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- variable low- and high-pass filters (35-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class D amplifier design with NextD™ switching amp technology
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- corrosion-resistant cast aluminum chassis
- Connection Features
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 35-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 35-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-11/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- UPC: 699440984010
- Weight: 5
- Sku: 98401
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.