Engineered specifically for powersports applications, the 4-channel HX280/4 amplifier employs our high-speed NexD™ switching design to deliver plenty of clean power, without straining charging systems. Its tiny, cast aluminum chassis is highly resistant to corrosion, with an IPX6 water-resistance rating, making it perfect for motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles.
Generating a solid 50W x 4 into 4 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the HX280/4 is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a potent 140W x 2 into 4 ohms.
Other features include independent front and rear crossovers with selectable full-range, high-pass or low-pass filter controls and a dual-range input section that accepts a wide range of input voltage levels, from line-level all the way to high-power speaker level signals.
- Monoblock Class D Full Range Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating @ 14.4 V:
- 4 ohms: 50 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan.
- Bridged 4 ohms: 140 watts x 2 chan.
- RMS Power Rating @ 12.5 V:
- 4 ohms: 36 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 52 watts x 4 chan.
- Bridged 4 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan.
- Channel Input Mode Switch: 2 / 3 / 4
- Switchable filter modes: Low-Pass / High-Pass
- Variable filter: 35 - 300 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1.0%
- Signal to Noise Ration: 89.5 dB
- Damping Factor: >60
- Fuse Rating: 35A x 1
- Dimensions: 8.66"W x 3.09"D x 1.77"H
- 8 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier.
- NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design
- Black powder-coated finish
- Gasketed cover for the controls
- Stainless steel hardware for durability
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Accepts RCA (low-level) & Speaker-level (high-level) signal
- Switchable Input sensitivity: 250 mV-4 V (Low) to 750 mV-15 V (High)
- 4-channel amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (70 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- variable low- and high-pass filters (35-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class D amplifier design with NextD™ switching amp technology
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- corrosion-resistant cast aluminum chassis
- Connection Features
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 35-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 35-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-11/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- UPC: 699440984010
- Weight: 5
- Sku: 98401
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.