With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M-Series infinite-baffle woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems help produce deep, powerful bass response that will transform your boat's audio system.
The M8IB5 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 200W range and is optimized to operate with just a large volume of air behind it (at least 1.5 cu. ft. / 42.5 l). If you prefer to use a dedicated enclosure, refer to one of the suggested designs located in the Specifications section for optimum performance.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) technology
- Injection-Molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies
- Plated marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Minimum Enclosure Volume: 1.50 cu ft / 42.5 L (or larger)
- Efficiency: 86.7 dB
- Mounting Depth: 5.18"
- Marine grade progressive roll synthetic fiber spider
- Color: White
- RMS: 200 watts
- Specifically engineered Centrex polymer baskets are corrosion & UV-resistant
- Synthetic rubber surround specifically formulated with UV inhibitors
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Xmax: 14 mm
- Recommended power range: 50 - 200 watts RMS
- Long linear excursion for enhanced output and reduced distortion
- Stainless steel mounting hardware included
- Cutout Diameter: 7.375"
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440913720
- Weight: 8.9
- Sku: 91372
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.