In recent years, Tarantula subwoofers have evolved to meet various performance and placement goals, keeping your, the Soundstream fanatic, suggestions in mind. However, more often than not, we hear your calls to bring back a legend. For 2017, we’re proud to re-introduce the old favorite, Tarantula T5. For this next generation, we made a few changes and several improvements.
Improvements include direct connect wire leads, over saturated 12mm top plate and t-yoke, & double-stitched cone to high-density polyether foam surround for improved sound quality. Key components that you expect from T5 still remain; big ass 1,000w 3” voice coil, triple-stack magnet structure, high-density Spruce pulp sub-cone, and the iconic black-on-black Soundstream spider.
- Overcompensating Motor Structure for Increased Magnetic Strength
- 12mm T-Yoke & Top Plate Improve Low-Frequency Dynamics
- Vented T-Yoke & Frame Reduces Voice Coil Heat Build-up
- Non-Magnetic Non-Resonate Die-Cast Aluminum Frame
- 3” 4-Layer Voice Coil w/ Direct Connect Wire Increases Power Handling
- High-Temperature Tolerance Adhesives Resist Thermal Failure
- Non-Transfer Spruce Pulp Cone w/ UV & Chemical Protection
- Stitched and Glued Surround/Cone Joints for Strongest Bonding
- Extended Excursion Polyether Foam Surround w/ UV & Chemical Protection
- Dual Poly-Cotton Suspension Dampen Violent Accelerations
- 1-pc Gasket/Trim Ring w/ Concealed Mounting Holes Included
- MAX Power (watts) 1,800
- RMS Power (watts) 900
- Efficiency (1w/1m dB) 83.5dB
- Voice Coil Configuration 3” DVC 2Ω
- Mounting Depth 6.25”
- Optimum Sealed Box 0.75ft3
- Optimum Ported Box 1.25ft3
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 709483055667
- Weight: 10
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.