The D is a result of Pioneer's automotive loudspeaker engineering experience and expertise, combining advanced design techniques with highly developed manufacturing capabilities.
Following Pioneer's OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept, the D series of automotive loud speakers provides broad and balanced frequency response with a wide sound stage and amazing fidelity for the listener.
- 26mm Polyester Soft Dome Tweeter with Swivel Capability
- Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) Cone Construction
- Unique Tri-position, Swivel Tweeter Mounting Kit Expands Installation Flexibility
- 26mm POLYESTER SOFT DOME TWEETER
Contoured from lightweight, resin-impregnated fibers of coated polyester fabric, the D tweeter delivers extended high-frequency performance. The 26mm diaphragm is very resistant to the harsh environmental conditions of the automotive interior (temperature, humidity, vibration, etc.), while maintaining its uniform hemispherical shape to reduce dome breakup due to excessive vibration at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is extremely low distortion levels and a smooth, natural sound.
- ARAMID FIBER INTERLACED INJECTION MOLDED POLYPROPYLENE (IMPP)
Polypropylene (PP) is a tough thermoplastic resin, ideal material for a speaker cone. The low mass and high damping of a PP cone generate good sensitivity and low distortion. However, polypropylene cones lack the rigidity and strength required for high output and extreme low bass. To resolve this, Pioneer engineers used advanced Computer-Aided Manufacturing to develop a process to blend aramid fibers into the polypropylene resin during the injection molding process. The resulting aramid fiber interlaced IMPP cone is ultra-thin and low mass with high rigidity and superior strength, built to produce natural, detailed sound with deep and powerful bass.
- COMPACT SWIVEL TWEETER WITH TRI-POSITION MOUNTING KIT
More than any other speaker, the positioning and mounting location of the tweeter is crucial to the stereo imaging of the system and the overall listening experience. To ensure installation flexibility, the D component system tweeters are extremely compact and feature a unique swivel mount that allows precise aiming of high frequencies. Pioneer’s tri-position mounting kit (included) provides the flexibility to mount the tweeter using a variety of methods; flush mount, surface mount or bracket mount, especially important for concealing the tweeter behind an original equipment tweeter grille in the vehicle dash or door.
- System Type: 2-way Component
- Sound Pressure Level (Sensitivity): 86dB (+- 1.5dB)
- Frequency Range: 33 Hz to 49 kHz
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 110 Watts
- Maximum Peak Power Handling: 330 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Diameter: 6” x 9”
- Cone Material: Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP)
- : Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Surround Material: Butyl Rubber
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Magnet Weight: 15.2 oz
- Type: Soft Dome
- Diameter: 26mm
- Diaphragm Material: Polyester
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- Magnet Weight: 6.4 g
- Swivel Type: Yes
- Crossover Frequency: 3500 Hz
- UPC: 884938374460
- Weight: 8
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.