- Detachable front panel w/ 13-segment FL display
- SAT Radio Ready, iPod® Control Ready
- CSO, EQ7
- 5.1 Multi Channel Out-Allows you to add In Car theatre sound to you visual cinema
- Front Auxiliary Input (Audio only)- Connect other in-car entertainment devices to create an audio-visual hub
- 52W x 4 High Power
- 4-Volt L/C/R/RL/RR/Sub preouts w/ HPF/LPF
- Supplied Wireless Card Remote (RM-X161)
- Picture EQ - choose picture quality for connected in-car LCD screens according to the interior brightness of your vehicle
- Double Layer DVD+R/RW/SACD/VCD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW compatible
- MP3/WMA Playback
- MP3 ID3Tag Indication (Title/Album/Artist)
- Multi-Session (MP3/WMA)
- Burr-Brown 24-bit D/A Converter
- Pause Function
- UniLink™ Control, CD Text
- Drive-S II
- SSIR-EXA Tuner, 18FM & 12AM presets
- BTM (Best Tuning Memory)
- 2 AV Outputs & 1 Mic Input, Karaoke Capability
- KARAOKE MIC IN-Allows connection of a mic and keeps the kids happy on those long journeys
- Tel/Nav Attenuation - Automatically adjusts the volume when using connected Phone or Navigation kit
- Optional Wired Rotary Remote (RM-X4S)
- 45 degree install
- CEA-2006 Power Compliant
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Sean From Outside Buffalo, NY
|This head unit gets top scores simply because there is nothing else to compare it to! Its hard enough to find a unit w/ a built in Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 Decoder...let alone with a sub $200 price tag! Burr Brown's in this price range are also an amazing surprise. Fantastic sound reproduction overall. Imaging control (Front, FR, FL, Rear, RR, RL, ALL, and Custom settings) can be helpful in some situations. Pro Logic II is great for your 2 channel CD collection or iPod/MP3 player. Not impressed w/ the matrixed center channel function, however. You're better off having the center speaker, or sending signals to the L and R speakers. Hard to appreciate SACD (yet another WOW feature) with engine/road noise, but with engine off the sound is truly amazing (try Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" 5.1 SACD, for example...WOW!!). Biggest problem I've had is navigating DVD menu's, so I may add a screen down the road. I have had so many head units over the years, but overall I couldn't be more impressed with this one. Worth WAY MORE than the asking price, in my opinion. If you love Multi-Channel Audio in your home, there's no longer any reason you can't enjoy the same sound (or better) in your car thanks to the folks at Sony!|
5.1 freak From jammin down by the river
|ok I am a DVD-A / SACD FREAK. So for the LOW LOW $$ and the SONY name i was definately interested but had reservations based on reviews and specs about not supporting DVD-A. I finally bought it anyway.HELLO IT'S PLAYING MY DVD AUDIO DISCS ALL DAY LONG !!! you just need a monitor to navigate the menu.
Sound Q - 9 overall
sound tweaks - 9 (needs adjustable eq for each channel/ only has eq adjustments for overall eq sound. No support for Dolby EX or latest Dolby HD whatever
Access time - 5 - not really fast but who cares? Im not racing to a fire
Install - E Z
Extra's - Lot's of EQ and Time Aligment adjustments
Price - Best 5.1 value in car audio you can get PERIOD
For the $$ this unit cant be beat this unit !!! I'm allready about to order another one for my other car. I'm not sure why specs say DVD-A unsupported (head scratch) If your on a budget and craving 5.1 THIS IS IT !!
Actually Im running an ALTEC LANSING 5.1 computer speakers off an inverter with a BOSE cube for CC on the dash (in my van down by the river). Its not pounding the windsheild out obviously but Im bout to throw in 2 JL 13w4's in some custom cabinets I made with 2 crunch 1100 amps. After that I may have to get a new windsheild :^)
Right now all I need to upgrade is the speakers and amps. Im considering using more BOSE cubes since I can get them at dealer cost.
THIS UNIT HAS MADE MY WORLD
Emalr From Venezuela
|Excelent choice for thouse that are looking for an CD/MP3 Receiver that be able to play DVD's (do not play DVD-Audio). The Best: sound quality, DAC's, CSO feature, Dolby and ProLogic, plays almost every format (except DVD-Audio). The Worst: extreamly slow to iniciate an MP3 track of the CD that you were listening previously, some times you have to eject and re-inser CD to it be able to play, also has not friendly setup without a screen.
Overall... Great sound quality, lots of interesting features but very slow unit. Just for it's sound quality I would recommend to buy this HU.|