The oversized 7.7-inch design of the M770-CCX coaxial results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). Combine that advantage with long excursion and excellent power handling and you have a speaker system truly capable of playing loud and clear in a powerboat at speed.
The woofer element is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. If you need a 7.7-inch coaxial system that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M770-TCX, instead.
A 1-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions. Although M770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 40 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-150 W of continuous power per channel.
- 7.7" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 40 - 175 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 3.15 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 6.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 45 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91.0 dB
- Color: White Frame w/ White Classic Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.00" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- Product Highlights:
- 7.7" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power range: 40-100 watts RMS (175 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91.0 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- UPC: 699440917841
- Weight: 10
- Sku: 91784
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.