Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models. The oversized 7.7-inch design of the MX770-CCX results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). This gives them the ability to play louder and cleaner at high volumes than smaller speakers.
The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics.
Although MX770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
- 7.7" 2-Way MX-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 140 watts per pair / 70 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 20 - 150 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 3.15 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 6.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 45 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- Color: White Frame w/ White Classic Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 0.75" pure silk dome tweeter w/ Neodymium magnet
- Ferrofluid cooled and damped tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- UV-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- Natural woofer roll-off with 2nd order high-pass circuits
- 7.7" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power handling: 70 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- UPC: 699440919258
- Weight: 8
- Sku: 91925
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.