Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models. The oversized 7.7-inch design of the MX770-CCX results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). This gives them the ability to play louder and cleaner at high volumes than smaller speakers.
The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics.
Although MX770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
- 7.7" 2-Way MX-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 140 watts per pair / 70 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 20 - 150 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 3.15 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 6.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 45 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- Color: White Frame w/ White Classic Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 0.75" pure silk dome tweeter w/ Neodymium magnet
- Ferrofluid cooled and damped tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- UV-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- Natural woofer roll-off with 2nd order high-pass circuits
- Product Highlights:
- 7.7" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power handling: 70 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- UPC: 699440919258
- Weight: 8
- Sku: 91925
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.