All three Hippo Series subwoofers 8”, 12” and 15” are truly giant works of art that can slam! These big bottomed boys use 3” over sized voice coils that hold 4000 Watts of power, extra deep diamond polished cast aluminum baskets, double stacked Strontium Magnets and Kevlar Fiber Reinforced Non-Pressed Paper Cones that has a industrial machined stitched edge right into the cone’s surround for added strength. To feed a 2013 HIPPO Massive Audio recommends 500 – 2000 RMS of raw power. You can cage a HIPPO in a sealed box as small as .375 cub. Ft for Hippo 8, 1 cub. Ft for the 12” and only 2 cub ft for the 15” or you can let them relax in a ported box for even more of that “Big Bottom ”.
- Heavy Duty, Rugged Industrial Textured Cast Aluminum Basket
- High Energy Double Stack Strontium Magnet Structure
- Dual Impedance Black Anodized 2.5” Voice Coil Former with Kevlar Spunlace
- Kevlar Fiber Reinforced Non-Pressed Paper Cone with Industrial Textured Finish
- Stitched Edge to the Cone’s Edge for Added Strength
- Over Sized Mirror Image Dual Poly / Nomex Spiders
- Black Anodized One Piece Pole-Plate for Added Motor Force
- Heavy Duty Direct Input Wires Connection to Voice Coils
- Reinforced Fiberglass Woven Dust cap for High Power Applications
- Custom Tooled Rubber Gasket and Magnet Boot
- Size 8"
- Peak Watts 1000
- RMS Watts 500
- Cone Non-Pressed Paper
- Voice Coil 2.5" Dual 4 Ohm
- Surround Tall and Narrow Foam
- Magnet 100oz Strontium
- Terminals Heavy Duty Direct Input Wires Connection
- Basket Cast Aluminum
- Tinsel Leads Heavy Duty Triple
- X-Max 13mm peak to peak
- SPL 88.27dB
- Ported Box 14"H x 14"D x 10"W (Round Port 3" x 8")
- Sealed Box 0.76 ft3
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 623169610615
- Weight: 17
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Josh From Louisiana
Awesome product. awesome sound. Compliments everywhere i go on the massive sound from my hippo 84's
bassmaster From Houma, LA
The best 8 inch sub i have ever owned! It sounds like its deeper than an 8; i'd say between a 10 and 12. I have it in a 1.1 cu ft ported enclosure powered by a MASSIVE N3 amplifier turned up halfway and it hits really clear and deep. If you are looking for a sub that hits hard and takes up minimal space, dont hesitate.