The THUNDER500.1 is a high powered subwoofer amplifier capable of delivering up to 500 watts RMS power at 2Ω. Additionally, the unit is designed to be installed in almost any vehicle due to its small chassis size.
- Mono block amp for subwoofer(s)
- Small Footprint
- Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
- Surface Mount PCB Design
- Variable Crossovers
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (40-220 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 50 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class-D amplifier design
- frequency response: 20-220 Hz
- preamp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-1/2"W x 2-1/4"H x 6-5/16"D
- UPC: 715442241736
- Weight: 5
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Paul From Michigan
I have owned this amp for 1.5 years and never had a problem with it. This small amp is a great performer! MTX has spent decades establishing their reputation for great products, and this product is no exception. No, this is not a cheap 500w amp, But it puts out more-than-rated power, and never heats up if you give it clean signal and power. It has a small footprint so you can fit it in tight places (under a seat comes to mind). Over all, I am very happy with this amp and would recommend it to anyone with a modest setup if reliability/quality is more important than saving a few bucks.