M-Series 8.8-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (125 W, 4 Ω) - Titanium Sport Grille M880 Overview The same principle that makes our 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in our M880-CCX 8.8-inch coaxials.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over our 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M880-CCX's are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than our M770-CCX 7.7-inch coaxial systems!
The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired. To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, our engineers have designed an oversized (1.20-inch), silk dome tweeter for this model.
This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A high-quality, true 2-way crossover network precisely filters and balances the coaxial system for outstanding fidelity. Although M880-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel. Sold as a pair.
- 8.8" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 250 watts per pair / 125 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 50 - 250 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 5.18 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 7.375" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 38 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- Color: Black Frame w/ Titanium Sport Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.20" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.42" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- 8.8" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1.2" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power range: 50-125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-3/16"
- UPC: 699440913232
- Weight: 19
- Sku: 91323
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.