M-Series 8.8-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (125 W, 4 Ω) - Titanium Sport Grille M880 Overview The same principle that makes our 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in our M880-CCX 8.8-inch coaxials.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over our 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M880-CCX's are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than our M770-CCX 7.7-inch coaxial systems!
The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired. To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, our engineers have designed an oversized (1.20-inch), silk dome tweeter for this model.
This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A high-quality, true 2-way crossover network precisely filters and balances the coaxial system for outstanding fidelity. Although M880-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel. Sold as a pair.
- 8.8" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 250 watts per pair / 125 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 50 - 250 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 5.18 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 7.375" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 38 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- Color: Black Frame w/ Titanium Sport Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.20" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.42" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- 8.8" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1.2" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power range: 50-125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-3/16"
- UPC: 699440913232
- Weight: 19
- Sku: 91323
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.