With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the MX-Series infinite-baffle subwoofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure and are targeted towards moderate power applications.
Integrated into the Sport Grille’s frame, the internal LED lighting assembly was meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer’s cone area with a lively blue glow, adding a dramatic visual experience to your high seas journey. The grille’s brilliant chrome finish, achieved through a unique multi-layer plating process, was developed through extensive testing to withstand the harsh sea environment for years to come.
The MX10IB3 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 175W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M10W5, instead.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.5 cu ft / 70.8 L
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Injection-Molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies
- Gold-Plated marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Color: Chrome
- Minimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)
- Stainless steel mounting hardware included
- Max: 350 watts
- Efficiency: 87.23 dB
- Marine grade progressive roll synthetic fiber spider
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes
- Recommended power range: 50 - 175 watts RMS
- RMS: 175 watts
- Xmax: 11 mm
- Synthetic rubber surround specifically formulated with UV inhibitors
- Proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) technology
- Long linear excursion for enhanced output and reduced distortion
- Vented motor design with marine-grade, stainless steel rear diffuser plate
- Specifically engineered Centrex polymer baskets are corrosion & UV-resistant
- Mounting Depth: 5.12"
- Cutout Diameter: 8.875 "
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440911009
- Weight: 6.5
- Sku: 91100
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.