The new shallow-mount Type-R series sub-woofers feature the latest technology from Alpine which manage voice-coil temperatures to keep your subs cool, reduce distortion, maximizes excursion and turbo charges performance. Additionally, the small footprint of the Shallow Type-R series woofers also allow you to expand your mounting options without compromising on performance and sound quality.
- 300-600W RMS
- 1800W Peak Power
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Aluminum woofer cone
- Injection Molded Santoprene rubber surround
- High-Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) suspension results in the highest X-max and SPL output in its category
- Thin design allows for installation in compact areas
- FEA-Optimization allows for maximum linearity, greatly reduces distortion, and improves power handling and output
- Vented voice coil heat sink, and airflow management system keeps subwoofer cool, while reducing distortion
- 4" diameter single layer edge-wound ribbon wire voice coil
- Unique spider and pass-through gap design, provide over 50mm of peak-to-peak excursion
- Neodymium 35SH magnet structure
- Frequency response: 28-200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 83dB
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Dean Wilkins From Canada
|A little bit expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. Very happy with the sub and impressed with the overall sound.|
Travis From California
Installed this under my back seat in a 2004 F150. I replaced a Pioneer Premier 10'' with 2 ohm dvc. In my opinion, the bass sounded better, granted i went from 2 ohm to 4 ohms with this speaker, so i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. But it does hit harder and sounds more "crisp" as in some bass guitar, it isn't muddied like the old sub i had, it actually sounds like someone is playing a bass guitar in the cab.
I then swapped my alpine v12 m605 to a pdx m6, this made a little more difference, As it was a little easier to tweak the amp, as my old amp had a large cover over the controls which you couldn't get to under the seat. I could barely tell a difference when i changed amps, oh well, the older amp is going in the wife's car, with the old sub. It does vibrate the hell out of everything alot more compared to the old sub/amp combo....
Anyways, i have a very small amount of subs to choose from as i only have about 5 3/4'' of depth to mount a box under my seat and do not want to go crazy with a custom enclosure. This sub does its job well, sounds good for only being powered by 600wrms. It doesn't go super low on some low bass notes and some fast bass you have to turn it down a little, which i had to do with the old setup, but this setup isn't half as bad, but hey, its only 1 10'', i'm considering going to 2 10''s cause i want more. But i have had just 1 sub for the last 5 years and it was enough, i just want more. It does sound better than any trunk subs (2 12's) i have ever had in previous vehicles, cause this is sitting in the cab with me....