You don't install the DXi 1201 single 12" sub enclosure. You bolt it down. We've put everything we know works best in this enclosure based on years of experience. then we tweaked the DXi 1201 for next generation performance for rock-the-street performance, and then made sure it was styled, fitted and finished for the way vehicles are tricked out today. This is one big, nasty sounding sub enclosure.
- Internally braced heavy duty 3/4" MDF, the same low-resonance material used in the world's finest speaker enclosures.
- Heavy-duty baffle design not only looks cool, it also protects the driver.
- Slot-loaded port reduces air turbulence at the port mouth for higher bass output and greatly reduced noise and distortion than conventional ports.
- Paintable baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and impact resistance.
- Elastomeric damping material isolates ABS trim from baffle and acts as sealing gasket.
- 2 Ohm load is optimum for today's Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
- Polypropylene cone is stiff for quick, tight, punchy bass, and durable to stand up to the demands of hot automotive environments.
- Heavy-duty surround is impervious to temperature extremes, humidity and exposure to sunlight for superior long-term reliability.
- Fire retardant flat spider permits extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Former and pole piece vent the 4-layer high temperature voice coil former for exceptional power handling and reliability.
- State-of-the-art Klippel laser analyzer optimized voice coil alignment, motor and suspension for optimum cone travel linearity, resulting in flatter response and lower distortion.
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- Authorized Internet Dealer