Built on JL Audio's patented thin-line subwoofer technology, the 12TW1 delivers a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability, while operating in insanely small enclosures (0.65 cu.ft. / 18.4 liters). This, combined with a special cast alloy frame design, makes the 12TW1 capable of operating in extremely tight spaces. These include under-seat installations in trucks, 2-seat sports cars and many other creative applications requiring a compact, low profile subwoofer design.
JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 12TW1 using a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of a large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs. The 12TW1 also features a clever frame design that minimizes the frontal clearance required for the excursion of the driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame's dimensions.
Thanks to this feature, the 12TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance, even with its grille installed. This allows for more efficient use of space and increased enclosure volume within a given overall depth.
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.62 in / 117 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
- Products Highlights:
- 12" 2-ohm subwoofer
- mica-filled polypropylene injection-molded cone with rubber surround
- cast-alloy frame
- power range: 75-300 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 600 watts
- top-mount depth: 4-5/8"
- sealed box volume: 0.65 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.125 cubic feet
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440921893
- Weight: 18
- Sku: 92189
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.