Engineered specifically for powersports applications, the 4-channel MX280/4 amplifier employs our high-speed NexD™ switching design to deliver plenty of clean power, without straining charging systems. Its tiny, cast aluminum chassis is highly resistant to corrosion, with an IPX6 water-resistance rating, making it perfect for motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles.
Generating a solid 50W x 4 into 4 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the MX280/4 is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a potent 140W x 2 into 4 ohms.
Other features include independent front and rear crossovers with selectable full-range, high-pass or low-pass filter controls and a dual-range input section that accepts a wide range of input voltage levels, from line-level all the way to high-power speaker level signals.
This amplifier features a black powder-coated finish, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability.
- JL Audio MX280/4 Weatherproof Amplifier
- Class-D Full Range 4-Channel Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 50 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan.
- 1 ohm: N/A
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 140 watts x 2 chan.
- Total power output: 280 watts
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1%
- Signal to Noise Ration: >68 dB
- Variable high-pass filter: 35 - 300 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable low-pass filter: 35 - 300 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Fuse Rating: 35 A x 1
- 8 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation.
- Dimensions: 8.66"W x 3.09"D x 1.77"H
- CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- Wired remote bass level control included
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Soft start turn-on
- IPX6 water resistant rating
- 4/3/2 or Mono channel operation
- Black powder coat finish
- 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink for extreme heat dissipation
- Input sensitivity:
- Low level: 250mV - 4V
- High level: 750mV - 15V
- UPC: 699440984058
- Weight: 3