Born to produce a whopping 500 watts into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the RD500/1 amplifier was engineered to generate tons of pure subwoofer bliss from a sleek, ultra-compact chassis. The secret behind its power proficiency is our proprietary NexD™ switching technology, which delivers large amounts of power output with precise efficiency and ultra-low distortion.
For your convenience, the RD500/1’s controls are located on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections found along one side of its chassis. Signal processing features include a 12 dB / octave low-pass filter, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and a variable bass boost EQ. Dual-range, differential-balanced inputs are also on-hand, capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard, along with a set of preamp outputs so you can easily pass signals to another amplifier.
The RD500/1 is also equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity setting, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. The RD500/1 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted, dual-color LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition. With the addition of an RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately), you can control the subwoofer output directly from the driver’s seat.
- JL Audio RD500/1
- Class-D 2-Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 350 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohm: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 1 ohm: N/A
- Total power output: 1000 watts
- Frequency Response: 7 - 500 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1%
- Signal to Noise Ration: >80 dB
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 500 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +12 dB
- Fuse Rating: 50 A x 1
- 4 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation.
- Dimensions: 9.78"W x 6.96"D x 2.13"H
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Wired remote bass level control available, sold separately: JL Audio RBC-1
- Soft start turn-on
- Ultra sleek and compact chassis
- Mono channel operation
- NexD™ Technology delivers huge power with low distortion
- Equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator
- Top mounted dual color LED strip
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
- 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink for extreme heat dissipation
- UPC: 699440986182
- Weight: 7
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 90 Days Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.