The new shallow-mount Type-R series sub-woofers feature the latest technology from Alpine which manage voice-coil temperatures to keep your subs cool, reduce distortion, maximizes excursion and turbo charges performance. Additionally, the small footprint of the Shallow Type-R series woofers also allow you to expand your mounting options without compromising on performance and sound quality.
Onlinecarstereo has been a long time authorized retailer of Alpine products. We strive for excellent customer satisfaction and on-time delivery of your orders. As we are an authorized retailer, you are guaranteed you are receiving authentic Alpine products.
- 300-600W RMS
- 1800W Peak Power
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Aluminum woofer cone
- Injection Molded Santoprene rubber surround
- High-Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) suspension results in the highest X-max and SPL output in its category
- Thin design allows for installation in compact areas
- FEA-Optimization allows for maximum linearity, greatly reduces distortion, and improves power handling and output
- Vented voice coil heat sink, and airflow management system keeps subwoofer cool, while reducing distortion
- 4" diameter single layer edge-wound ribbon wire voice coil
- Unique spider and pass-through gap design, provide over 50mm of peak-to-peak excursion
- Neodymium 35SH magnet structure
- Frequency response: 26-200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 84dB
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 793276601513
- Weight: 15.5
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Jeff From Saint Paul, MN
|Worked well for maybe a month. I ordered this sub based on my passed experience with the Alpine brand which I used to love. I do not listen to music very loud, I just like the extra tone a sub can give good music. I had this sub paired with a PDX M-6 amp and got into my truck one morning with no sound. Took it to my local shop and they can not figure out what is wrong with it. My amp is still sending signals and working properly. Their explanation was possibly a bad voice coil as the sub was still structurally sound. I know this happens, but after a month come on 300 bucks down the tube.|
redd From new orleans
i have some type r 's thats 4 yrs old and they still pound like new, im running a 1200w memphis belle, they just have to b tuned properly
robert crisp From orlando fl
I bought two of these for my crew cab truck. very, very loud and moved TONS of air....for a few days! then voice coil burnout. im pushing them with a jl 1000x1 amp, less than half on the gain and within two weeks...DONE!!!! no sound or pathetic sound. i put my OLD,and i mean very OLD, mtx road thunder 12's in which are rated 250 rms and 500 peak and they sound nearly as the swr-t12 which are rated for 600rms and something like 1200-1500 peak. and the mtx's have been hitting that hard now for months and theyre almost 15 years old! If you under power them then maybe but i bought top dollar speakers that were supposed to handle being pushed....not the case. And thats why you dont but ALPINE subs.....period!