There are times when an installation calls for a separate woofer and tweeter and other times when a coaxial is the better approach. With the Evolution® C3 Convertible Component Systems, the same product can be deployed in either configuration, delivering outstanding audio power and quality in each application.
Many people mistakenly believe that an oval speaker cannot perform as well as a round one, leading to many instances of 5.25-inch speakers being installed into 5 x 7-inch openings.
JL Audio has put in the engineering time and effort to create fantastic-sounding speakers that drop into oval openings and deliver equivalent performance to our 6.5-inch (165 mm) round speaker systems... guaranteed. So, don't make the mistake of losing cone area and efficiency by stepping down to a smaller round speaker... these ovals are as impressive as our round format systems.
The C3-570 system features 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm) component woofers with oversized 1.2-inch (30.5 mm) voice coils, mineral-filled polypropylene cones and injection-molded polymer baskets. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C3 tweeters are built with 1-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. They can also be mounted onto the woofers in a coaxial format using the included fixtures.
C3 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations!
- 5" x 7" / 6" x 8" Evolution C3 Series 2-way Convertible Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts per channel
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts per channel
- Woofer Dimensions:
- Top-mount depth: 2.52"
- Frame Outer Diameter: 5.52" x 7.68"
- Tweeter Dimensions: (Flush Mount)
- Top-mount depth: 0.71"
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.875"
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 3.36"
- Height: 1.44"
- Depth: 4.72"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 90.0 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts per channel
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Injection-molded Polymer Basket
- 1.20" Voice Coil on Kapton® Former
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- Ferrite Woofer Magnet
- 1.0" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
- Elevated Frame Cooling
- Convertible Drivers: Coaxial or Component
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) Optimized Motor
- Ferrofluid Cooling/Damping Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- Fixed Angle Flush-Mount, Surface-Mount and Coaxial-Mount Systems (Tweeter)
- 2-way crossover networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass filters
- Premium Mylar® Capacitors w/ Air-Core Inductors
- 4-Position Adjustable Tweeter Output Level
- 3-position Mid-range Presence Control
- Polyswitch tweeter protection
- component speaker system includes two 5"x7" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
- phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
- power range: 5-75 watts RMS
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 2-9/16"
- Car speakers are usually sold as a pair unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440990219
- Weight: 9
- Sku: 99021
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Greg From Texas
|Drastic improvement over factory speakers even before I added the JL HD 900/5 amp. Loud and clean sound.|