The smoothness and transparency of a high-end silk dome tweeter combines with top-flight component woofer performance to create a loudspeaker system with exceptional refinement and dynamic capability.
The C5-650 component system features 6.5-inch (165 mm) component woofers with die-cast alloy baskets and Kurt Müller cones and suspensions. This woofer benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C5 component tweeters are built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver smooth, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. The flush-mount fixtures feature our RSR (Ratcheting Swivel Rotation) mechanism to allow precise tweeter aiming after installation. C5 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors.
Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations! Woofer grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
- 6.5" Evolution C5 Series 2-way Component Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts per channel
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts per channel
- Woofer Dimensions:
- Top-mount depth: 2.54"
- Cutout Dimensions: 5.56"
- Tweeter Dimensions: (Flush Mount)
- Top-mount depth: 0.56"
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.50"
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 3.36"
- Height: 1.44"
- Depth: 4.72"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 89.5 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts per channel
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Cast Alloy Frame/Basket
- Elevated Frame Cooling
- Ferrite Woofer Magnet
- 1.00" Voice Coil on Kapton® Former
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) Optimized Motor
- 0.75" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
- Ferrofluid Cooling/Damping Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- 2-way Crossover Network w/ 2nd Order Low-Pass and 2nd Order High-Pass Circuit
- Premium Mylar® Capacitors w/ Air-Core Inductors
- 4-Position Adjustable Tweeter Output Level
- 3-position Mid-range Presence Control
- Polyswitch Tweeter Protection
- Black Steel Mesh Grille with An Electroformed JL Audio Logo Included
- 6.5" Evolution series Component Speaker System
- Includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- Mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- Cast alloy frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 4-position tweeter level and 3-position midrange control
- 4-ohm impedance
- Grilles Included
- UPC: 699440991049
- Weight: 7
- Sku: 99104
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Ofir From Israel
I've got these JL-C5 and I can just say this is the BEST comp' I have ever had!! Their mids are great! very much clear and much efficient, they are rich sounding and deliver whatever vocals is needed to be heard. The Tweeters are soft - as silck should be. and I can realy enjoy the soundstage I've got now in front :) . (solved my lack frontstage I got before #MB quart ). Simply Higher class then other barands! - for $$=$$. Working on JL4300. [Mitsu'- lancer]
Rob From Florida
|Better than expected even work well with over 12 inches separation between woofer and tweeter. Excellent midbass no doubt helped by major sound deadening in my doors. They are getting over 100 W per channel and they love it. This set should include a bi-ampable crossover. I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. And the price on this website is the best around.|
Rob From PA
|Just installed these speakers, powered by a new phoenix gold ti1600.5 amp, in my 2014 f150. I am running the stock unit with a audio control dq61. I was skeptical on how everything would sound, coming from my previous 06 f150 with a kenwood dnx9990HD, powered by a jl 320.4 with JL C2s. After listening to these new C5's all my worries were gone, they sound amazing and will take much more before becoming distorted. I would highly recommend these speakers and for the price onlinecarstereo has them for its a great deal. Delivery was fast and easy no problems what so ever.|