- 5-1/4" 2-Way car component speaker system with Plus One woven glass-fiber woofer cone and edge-driven MMD-dome tweeter
- Plus One woofer cones - increased bass output and higher efficiency
- 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- Edge-driven MMD dome tweeters - increases power handling and provides better sonic integration with the mid-woofer
- Unipivot - To ensure proper imaging the 42.9i utilizes a patented rotating tweeter
- Woven glass fiber woofer cone - yeilds very low distortion and improved clarity
- Computer-optimized voice-matched outboard passive crossovers
- Adjustable tweeter level
- Direct-connect crossover dongle
- Top Mounting Depth: 2-3/16"
- Priced per pair
*Warranty: Limited 30 Day Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
Limited 30 Day warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Butch From Yukon, OK
|I downgraded my overall score based on the inconvenience of the cross over networks. Trying to find a place to put them is not easy. I placed them inside my door panels and I have had to remove the panels on several occasions to reconnect the wires. It seems that the set screws keep backing out and releasing the wires. They are tiny screws and the holes are barely large enough for 16AWG wires.
No complaints about the sound. The upgrade from my 8 year old Infinity Reference speakers is well worth the few extra dollars.|
Butch From Yukon, OK
|I like everything about these speakers except for the cross over network. The set screws used to hold the speaker wires are too small. I mounted the cross overs for the front speakers inside my car doors and I have had to remove the door panels 4 times to reinsert the wires and adjust the set screws. The rear speaker cross overs are mounted to the underside of the rear deck. The clear plastic covers keep falling off and, as with the front, the set screws have to be reset every few weeks.|
Darius From Vasquez
|I had these installed in my 65 Chevrolet Impala SS, the door panels with very minimal modification to the original door panels and they look good and sound great. I haven't truly been able to enjoy them because I need to put in a new cd deck that has multi amp compatibility with a subwoofer output to drive my subs through that channel, but they sound good so far. They were not very expensive and do have a clean sound.|