There are times when an installation calls for a separate woofer and tweeter and other times when a coaxial is the better approach. With the Evolution® C3 Convertible Component Systems, the same product can be deployed in either configuration, delivering outstanding audio power and quality in each application.
The C3-525 system features 5.25-inch (130 mm) component woofers with oversized 1.2-inch (30.5 mm) voice coils, mineral-filled polypropylene cones and injection-molded polymer baskets. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C3 tweeters are built with 1-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. They can also be mounted onto the woofers in a coaxial format using the included fixtures.
C3 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations!
Woofer grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
- 5.25" Evolution C3 Series 2-way Convertible Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts per channel
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts per channel
- Woofer Dimensions:
- Top-mount depth: 2.27"
- Cutout Dimensions: 4.56"
- Tweeter Dimensions: (Flush Mount)
- Top-mount depth: 0.71"
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.875"
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 3.36"
- Height: 1.44"
- Depth: 4.72"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 90.0 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts per channel
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Injection-molded Polymer Basket
- 1.20" Voice Coil on Kapton® Former
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- Ferrite Woofer Magnet
- 1.0" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
- Elevated Frame Cooling
- Convertible Drivers: Coaxial or Component
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) Optimized Motor
- Ferrofluid Cooling/Damping Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- Fixed Angle Flush-Mount, Surface-Mount and Coaxial-Mount Systems (Tweeter)
- 2-way crossover networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass filters
- Premium Mylar® Capacitors w/ Air-Core Inductors
- 4-Position Adjustable Tweeter Output Level
- 3-position Mid-range Presence Control
- Polyswitch tweeter protection
- Black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo Included
- Product Highlights:
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
- phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
- power range: 25-75 watts RMS
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 2-9/16"
- UPC: 699440990202
- Weight: 5
- Sku: 99020
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.