Some times a woofer comes along that changes the game. The R3 is just that. It has a high roll surround for extended excursion. With a big 2” voice coil, and a gigantic motor structure, it can handle some serious power. With unparalleled sound quality, this little woofer can get down and hang with just about any other 8” woofer out there. Weather an SPL competitor or an SQ competitor this is a woofer that can do it all.
Woven Fiberglass Composite Cone
- All Reference R3 woofers use fiberglass stranding woven together for ultimate strength and less elasticity. A heavy soaking in epoxy combined with the sonic qualities of pulp paper backing proves itself worthy of any system.
100% OFC 4-Layer Voice Coil
- R3 woofers use generous 1.50″ long, 2.5″ diameter 100% OFC Copper voice coils. A vented Aluminum former extract and dissipate any heat build-up, resulting in improved power handling.
Extended Excursion Polyurethane Surround
- Polyurethane is a foam compound used in the manufacture of countless gasket and insulation products, known for its adhesive bonding properties. Reference R3 woofers utilize an extended excursion polyurethane surround for it’s strength and flexible properties during extreme movement.
Back Plate & T-Yoke Venting
- Heat build-up is a leading cause of catastrophic woofer failure. Venting built into the T-Yoke, back plate, and voice coil extract and dissipate heat, ensuring R3 woofers keep their cool.
- RMS Power (watts) 500
- Efficiency (1w/1m dB) 80.70dB
- Voice Coil Configuration 2.00” DVC
- Mounting Depth 5.25”
- Optimum Sealed 3ft 0.75
- Optimum Ported 3ft 1.25
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 709483046313
- Weight: 12.75
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.