Much like the engine of a new automobile, a new subwoofer must go through a short but important process of “break-in” before it is run under harsh conditions. The “break-in” process will ensure the subwoofer is able to perform as it has been designed to. This process involves subjecting the subwoofer to no more than low-to-medium volume levels for a number of hours in the enclosure. 3-4 hours is generally sufficient for the subwoofer’s suspension to loosen enough to prevent the voice coil(s) from overheating and causing failure. The break-in period is also effective in extending subwoofer life. Over-driving the woofer before it has been properly broken-in will usually result in premature failure and poor performance.
- One 12" Woofer with Single 4 ohm 2" Copper Voice Coil
- 1400 Watts MAX 700 Watts RMS Power Handling
- 86dB Sensitivity, 44 Hz Resonant Frequency
- Poly Injection Cone and Rubber Surround
- Works in .75 CuFt Sealed enclosure
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 791489121866
- Weight: 10.6
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.