In recent years, Tarantula subwoofers have evolved to meet various peformance and placement goals, keeping your, the Soundstream fanatic, suggestions in mind. However, more often than not, we hear your calls to bring back a legend. For 2015, we’re proud to re-introduce the old favorite, Tarantula T5. For this next generation, we made a few changes and several improvements.
Improvements include direct connect wire leads, over satturated 12mm top plate and t-yoke, & double-stitched cone to high density polyether foam surround for improved sound quality. Key components that you expect from T5 still remain; big ass 1,000w 3” voice coil, tripple-stack magnet structure, high density Spruce pulp sub-cone, and the iconic black-on-black Soundstream spider.
- Overcompensating Motor Sturcture for Increased Magnetic Strength
- 12mm T-Yoke & Top Plate Improve Low Frequency Dynamics
- Vented T-Yoke & Frame Reduces Voice Coil Heat Build-up
- Non-Magnetic Non-Resonate Die-Cast Aluminum Frame
- 3” 4-Layer Voice Coil w/ Direct Connect Wire Increases Power Handling
- High-Temperature Tollerance Adhesives Resist Thermal Failure
- Non-Transfer Spruce Pulp Cone w/ UV & Chemical Protection
- Sitched and Glued Surround/Cone Joints for Strongest Bonding
- Extended Excursion Polyether Foam Surround w/ UV & Chemical Protection
- Dual Poly-Cotton Suspension Dampen Violent Accelerations
- 1-pc Gasket/Trim Ring w/ Concealed Mounting Holes Included