Thanks to its ability to act as a "one-box solution", the HD900/5 is ideal for installations where space is at a premium and sound quality is the paramount goal. While extremely compact, this amazing amplifier will comfortably drive a complete high-performance car audio system: that is, four satellite speaker systems and a subwoofer system... with a very serious 900 watts of power! Using our Single Cycle Control switching design and R.I.P.S. technology, the HD900/5 delivers 100 W x 4 to its four main channels, plus a very meaty 500 W to its subwoofer channel.
Thanks to R.I.P.S., high power can be delivered over a wide range of load impedances, while the tight power supply regulation keeps distortion down, maximizing sound quality. From a pure sound quality perspective, we invite you to compare the real-world, in-car performance of this amplifier to any other amplifier on the market, of any type, at any price.
This amplifier features a brushed aluminum finish with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel. A black powder-coated, gasketed cover is also provided to protect the controls.
- JL Audio HD Series 5-Channel Class D Amplifier
- ¹Main Channels RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.
- 3 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- ¹Bridged RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- Bridged, 8 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 6 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 3 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- ¹Subwoofer Channel RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- R.I.P.S. - Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply
- Single Cycle Control - high-fidelity, full-range class D
- Compares the real PWM waveform and then corrects it in each and every cycle
- (over 400,000 times per second)
- 80% efficiency at 1/2 rated power for the whole amplifier, including its power supply
- 60% less current draw than a typical Class A/B car amplifier of equal power
- Less generated heat, smaller chassis than a similarly powerful Class A/B design.
- Selectable input voltage/sensitivity:
- Low level: 200mV - 2V
- High level: 800mV - 8V
- Selectable input modes: 2 Ch. / 4 Ch. / 6 Ch.
- Selectable State-variable slope: 12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley
- Cutoff Freq. Range: Continuously variable (All Ch): 50 - 500 Hz
- Selectable Infrasonic Filter (Sub Ch): Off / 30 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.03% @ 4Ω per main ch., <0.05% @ 4Ω sub ch. (Average at 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ration: (20 kHz bandwidth)
- Referred to Rated Power: 108 dBA
- Referred to 1 Watt: 88 dBA
- Frequency response: 12 - 28,000 Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Damping Factor Ch. 1-4: >400 @ 4Ω/50 Hz, >200 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
- Damping Factor Sub Ch.: >800 @ 4Ω/50 Hz, >400 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
- Recommended fuse rating: 60A x 1 (inline, not included)
- Dimensions: 10.74"L x 7.85"W x 1.93"H
- Class D, switching type with patented Single-Cycle Control™ technology
- Pulse width modulation-regulated switching power supply
- LED power (green), protect (red) and low impedance (amber) indicators
- Removable Power/Ground and Speaker connectors
- Brushed aluminum finish chassis
- Compact, stackable chassis design
- Black powder-coated, gasketed cover
- RealSink™: Vertical, cast alloy fins effectively dissipate heat
- Advanced Thermal Rollback protection system
- Noise-killing, highly flexible differential-balanced inputs
- Speaker level inputs via RCA (JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW required and sold separately
- ²Remote bass level input (JL Audio HD-RLC required and sold separately)
- Optional stacking equipment for HD amplifiers: JL Audio HD Stack Kit
- 4 gauge OFC power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier. Click Here for our contact information.
- Product Highlights:
- 5-channel amplifer
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
- 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 1.5-3 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged (at 3-6 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 at (1.5-4 ohms)
- variable high-pass filter on front and rear channels (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- subsonic filter on sub channel (24 dB/oct at 30 Hz)
- removable power and speaker plugs
- optional wired remote for level control
- Class D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 10-3/4"W x 1-15/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- UPC: 699440982238
- Weight: 9
- Sku: 98223
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Keith O. From Charleston South Carolina
|I absolutely love my JL HD900/5 amp. The clarity is amazing. The best part about this amp is you power your speakers and sub from one compact amp. I was able to do a very discreet & clean install because of the amps small size. The quick disconnects make the amp easy to tune and remove to work on the car. I also add the remote bass knob to the amp which allows you to adjust your bass level at the twist of a knob mounted right next to the head-unit. Tuning this amp is very straight forward thanks to its labeling and good instructions provided. I have had this in my car for around 2 years so far and have not had one problem. I am powering 10 speakers and 1 JLW6V2 off this amp. This will be my amp of choice for my future hot rod purchases because of its power and compact size. I have been a JL fan since I started getting into stereos in 2005 and continue to be because I have not had one issue with any of their products and appreciate there great customer support.|
chris From colorado
|Great product!!! Haven't had one issue yet.|
Luis Chacon From United States
|I've had many amps but this JL audio HD900/5 is awesome. This thing does not lack in power, plenty of it! The sound quality is top notch. I highly recommend this amp to anyone wanting a compact but powerful 5 channel amp. Got a great deal through Online Car stereo so that was a no brainer...|