The oversized 7.7-inch design of the M770-CCX coaxial results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). Combine that advantage with long excursion and excellent power handling and you have a speaker system truly capable of playing loud and clear in a powerboat at speed. The woofer element is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. If you need a 7.7-inch coaxial system that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M770-TCX, instead.
A 1-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions. Although M770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 40 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-150 W of continuous power per channel.
- 7.7" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 40 - 175 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 3.15 " (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 6.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 45 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91.0 dBColor: Black Frame w/ Titanium Sport Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.00" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 100 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 40 - 175 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 45 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Coaxial Physical Specifications
- Frame Outer Diameter (A) 7.70 in / 196 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B) 6.92 in / 176 mm
- Motor Outer Diameter (C) 4.41 in / 112 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion* (D) 0.99 in / 25 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E) 6.25 in / 159 mm
- Mounting Depth (F) 3.15 in / 80 mm
- UPC: 699440917544
- Weight: 10
- Sku: 91754
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Jon From Dunedin, FL
Amazing sound for their size. I had two of them paired up with a JL e2150m amp and they produced more than enough sound to drown out my old two smoke at WOT.