M-Series Narrow Flange 6.5-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (75 W, 4 Ω) - Titanium Classic Grille Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, M-Series coaxial systems deliver maximum audio performance in any open-air boating environment.
This special, narrow-flange, 6.5-inch coaxial speaker fits in spaces where a conventional marine 6.5-inch speaker will not. It features an outer frame diameter of only 6.55 in. (166 mm), yet still maintains the same cone area as conventional, wide-flange designs. (If you need a standard, wide-flange marine 6.5-inch coaxial, select the MX650-CCX, instead.) The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling make your music come through loud and clear at speed, or at anchor. The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance.
A 1-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions. Although M650-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 25 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-150 W of continuous power per channel.
- 6-1/2" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts RMS each
- Top-mount Depth: 2.95" (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 5.00" - 5.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 55 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- Color: Black Frame w/ Titanium Classic Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.00" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- Titanium "Classic Grilles"
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- recommended amplifier power: 75-150 watts RMS
- frequency response: 55-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- top-mount depth: 3"
- UPC: 699440917834
- Weight: 8.01
- Sku: 91783
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.