APS 8D 8" Subwoofers
The APS 8 D is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra-compact volumes from 7.5 lt. to 8.5 lt. It features push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations and has been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 7.5 lt.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent treated paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed with simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design specifically developed to be combined with either AP8.9 bit (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
- Comp: Double coils Subwoofer
- Size: 200 mm (8”)
- Power Handling:
- 250 W Continuous Power
- 500 W Peak Power
- Impedance: 4 ohms+ 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 83.5 dB
- Magnet: High density flux ferrite
- Cone: Cotton-Fibre pressed paper
- Xmech: 16.5 mm (0.65 in.)
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 8018823119030
- Weight: 10
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.