This special, narrow-flange, 6.5-inch coaxial speaker fits in spaces where a conventional marine 6.5-inch speaker will not. It features an outer frame diameter of only 6.55 in. (166 mm), yet still maintains the same cone area as conventional, wide-flange designs. (If you need a standard, wide-flange marine 6.5-inch coaxial, select the MX650-CCX, instead.) The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling make your music come through loud and clear at speed, or at anchor.
The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. A 1-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
A true 2-way passive crossover network is sealed in a protective capsule and mounted to the woofer's frame so that it does not require additional mounting provisions. Although M650-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 25 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-150 W of continuous power per channel.
- 6-1/2" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Coaxial System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts RMS each
- Color: White Frame w/ White Classic Grille
- Top-mount Depth: 2.95" (F)
- Cutout Dimensions: 5.00" - 5.25" (E)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 55 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.00" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.00" (25 mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
- UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
- designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
- power range: 25-70 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-15/16"
- UPC: 699440917827
- Weight: 8
- Sku: 91782
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Darrell Wasill From Seattle, WA
|JL Audio has clearly defined themselves as the clear-cut marine brand standard with their selection of speaker sizes, boxed and infinite baffle options, colors and grille options. They're well constructed and reliable but do tend to play a little 'bright', especially in the smaller sizes.
bullgator From florida
Great speakers at a great price. However, the customer service at onlinecarstereo.com was less than desirable. I ordered these speakers on June 10 and received them July 12. Not once did they notify me of the delay or why it happened. I was eager to receive these speakers and called several times. Most customer service agents were not the least bit interested in dealing with my complaints. I spent a fair amount of time just on hold so that I could speak to someone. I will never order another product from this company.
jon From knoxville
|Great Speaker, sounds better than any boat speaker i have owned