Cast Aluminum Heatsink The anodized blue dust cap on the MOFO subwoofer looks cool, and also serves a specific purpose. Because the dust cap is coupled to an aluminum voice coil former, it acts as a heatsink, extracting heat away from the voice coil, keeping it cool. Non-Pressed Pulp Cone Ask any sound quality enthusiast what woofer cone material they prefer, and they will all say PAPER. With that in mind, we used a beefy non-pressed pulp paper cone.
The aluminum dust cap fits into recesses of the cone for additional bracing. Re-cone Kit Available For those of you who live extreme and push a MOFO beyond its limits, a pre-assembeled re-cone kit is available. Due the the precise nature of reconing subwoofers, we recommend re-coning performed by an exeperienced car audio professional.
- Royal Blue Finish w/ Diamond Cut Accents
- Die Cast Aluminum Voice Coil Heatsink
- Die-Cast Aluminum Frame
- Vented Pole Piece
- 2.5″ 4-Layer Voice Coil
- 373oz. Motor Assembly
- Non-Pressed Pulp Cone
- Polyether Foam Surround
- Dual Poly-Cotton Spiders
- Nickel Plated 8ga Compression Wire Terminals
- 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer
- Peak: 2700 watts
- RMS: 1500 watts
- Recommended power range: 1000 - 1500 watts RMS
- Nickel plated 8 gauge compression wire terminal
- 170 oz Strontium ferrite magnet
- Royal blue finish with diamond cut accents
- Die cast aluminum voice coil heatsink
- Dual poly cotton spiders
- Vented pole piece
- Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm
- Non pressed pulp cone woofer
- Polyether foam surround for enhanced excursion
- Die cast aluminum frame
- 2-1/2" 4-layer voice coil
- Anodized aluminum former
- Mounting Depth: 6-15/16"
- Recone Kit Power Acoustik MOFO-124X-RC
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 709483037229
- Weight: 56
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.
Do you own this product? Write a review
john From corleto
Great speakers for price after they broke in, put serious power to them and they'll hit hard. Great subs for a good price.
implicit From texas
this is a good sub for the price cant beat it and it sounds great but the rms and peak is a little lower then what it has on there but they still hit great but befor you just start spending your money on random stuff do some re-search
Justin From Kilgore Tx
Had 2 of these in a superbass pro box in a 2001 jeep cherokee with a hifonics brutus 1700.1 wired @1ohm and you cant beat these for the price, i hit a 148.3db on test tones. they are over rated a little on power but will handle around 1050watts rms.