Because hatch space is limited in the MkV Golf, JL Audio worked very hard to tuck their Stealthbox® out of the way while still providing a high-performance sub-bass experience. Every cubic inch of available space in the left rear corner of the hatch is used thanks to Stealthbox® fiberglass construction.
Their thin TW3 subwoofer is a natural choice for its outstanding performance in small sealed enclosures as well as its unparalleled sound quality attributes and high output capabilities.
So, while other Golf drivers struggle with small, weak subwoofer solutions (or big, silly ones), you can enjoy top-shelf bass and get on with your life.
The Hard Data: Contains one 10TW3-D4 in a sealed enclosure. 400 watt power handling. Wired for a 2 ohm load. Installs in the driver side rear corner of the trunk. Minimal loss of trunk space. Black steel mesh woofer grille included.
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Cast alloy frame
- Xmax: 15.2 mm
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Sensitivity: 82.10 dB
- Recommended power range: 200 - 400 watts RMS
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- RMS: 400 watts
- Wired to a 2 ohm load
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- UPC: 699440945721
- Weight: 26.5
- Sku: 94572
- Authorized Internet Dealer