Building On An Iconic Speaker
The Type-R speaker has been an iconic part of the car audio industry for many years but it was time for a modernization of the brand. Type-R speaker performance was certainly top notch but there is always room for improvement. Rather than redesigning the speakers from scratch, Alpine kept the fundamental Type-R sound & style characteristics and updated them.
A More Balanced Transition
As with many high-end speakers, the Type-R components incorporate Wave Guide technology in the form of a phase plug in the center of the woofer cone. The Wave Guide enhances in-car sound dispersion and helps eliminate phase distortion. Alpine’s unique Dynamic eXpander ring stiffens the cone around the Wave Guide, eliminating a big source of distortion in typical designs caused by cone flexing.
- Peak: 600W per pair/ 300W each
- RMS: 200W per pair/ 100W each
- Recommended power range: 10 - 100W RMS
- Multi-layer hybrid fiber cone
- H.A.M.R. surround
- 1" Silk dome tweeter
- Tweeter swivels to give better control of your sound
- Large square wire dual-layer voice coil
- High-performance linear drive motor
- Top-mount Depth: 2-9/16"
- Cutout Dimensions: 5-1/16" x 7-1/4"
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 63 - 29,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Car speakers are usually sold as a pair unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 793276040442
- Weight: 5
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.