With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M6 infinite-baffle woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems help produce deep, powerful bass response that will transform your boat's audio system.
The M6-10IB is best used with amplifier power in the 75W - 250W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M6-10W, instead.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
M6-10IB-C-GwGw-i-4 Marine Subwoofer
- Subwoofer Size: 10"
- Peak Power Handling: 500 watts
- RMS Power Handling: 250 watts
- Voice Coil(s): Single
- Impedance (Per Voice Coil): 4 ohms
- Woofer Surround: Synthetic Rubber
- Woofer Composition: Polypropylene-Mica
- Minimum Sealed Box Volume: 2 cubic feet
- Minimum Ported Box Volume: 2.5 cubic feet
- Sensitivity: 86.1 dB
- Top-Mount Depth: 5"
- Recommended Enclosure Type: Ported / Vented Sealed
- Subwoofer Grilles Included
- Nominal Diameter: 10.0 in / 250 mm
- Overall Diameter: 10.75 in / 273 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter: 9.70 in / 247 mm
- Frontal Grilles Protrusion*: 1.66 in / 42 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 8.875 in / 225 mm
- Mounting Depth: 5.90 in / 150 mm
- Driver Displacement: 0.052 cu ft / 1.47 L
- Net Weight: 8.70 lbs / 3.90 kg
*Frontal grille protrusion measured from mounting surface
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 43.76 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.907
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 11.315
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.84
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.54 cu ft / 15.29 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.52 in / 13.2 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.28%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**: 86.1 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 50.11 sq in / 0.0323 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re): 4.543-ohm
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440936347
- Weight: 15
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.