Pioneer TS-A879 3.5" 450W Max RMS 2-Way Coaxial Car Speaker
We are a Pioneer authorized dealer so you get up-to-date, fully warrantied products. Shipping is free to the lower 48 states on everything you order!
- • (2) 2-way speakers
- • (2) 10" lengths of speaker wire with in-line high pass crossover (female quick slides on one end and unterminated wire on the other)
- • (1) Warranty information
- • (1) Specs printed on box
Easily Upgrade to High Performance
The Pioneer’s A-series sound design purposely matches the subwoofer and full-range loudspeakers to provide seamless and smooth sound characteristics with dynamic, high impact bass that lets you hear and feel the music.
Direct Fit OEM Upgrade
The TS-A879 is a 2-way coaxial 3-1/2" speaker. Its carbon and mica reinforced woofer cone stands up to the harsh in-car environment while providing natural sounding tonal qualities with an OPEN & SMOOTH transition to the polyetherimide Tweeter.
This speaker is designed as a direct OEM speaker replacement in many vehicles including Toyota, Dodge, Chrysler and more.
High Quality Audio Capacitors
The inline audio quality capacitor is designed as an 850 Hz HPF or High Pass Filter. An HPF allows only higher frequencies above 850 Hz to the speaker. This protects the TS-A879 from high power low frequency damage.
OPEN & SMOOTH
Pioneer’s OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept provides a seamless and smooth transition between the midrange and tweeter drivers and delivers uniform off-axis frequency response optimized for automotive applications where one or more speakers are often aimed away from the listeners’ ears.
Learn Which Speakers Fit your Car
Listening to your music is a big part of enjoying your drive to the fullest. By replacing your factory 2-3/4 or 3-1/2” speakers with Pioneer’s 2-way coaxial speakers, you can recreate your music with better clarity and improved range of sound. Both TS-A709 and TS-A879 speakers are designed to allow easy OEM replacement in many vehicles including Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet, Chrysler and more.
- Diameter : 3.5 Inch
- Sensitivity : 85 dB
- Impedance : 4 Ohm
- Frequency Response : 52-33000 Hz
- Peak Power Handling : 450 Watts
- Design : 2 Way
- Shallow Mount : No
- RMS Power Handling : 100 Watts
- 450 Watts Max Power (100 Watts Nominal)
- 25mm polyetherimide Tweeter with Neodymium Magnet
- 3-1/2” Carbon and Mica reinforced Injected Molded Polypropylene - IMPP Cone
- Inline crossover network with audio quality capacitor
STANDARDS & PERFORMANCE
- CTA2031 Compliant: Yes
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) - Watts: 100 Watts with packaged crossover network
- Crossover Frequency: 6,200 Hz - Acoustic / 4,800 Hz - Electric
- Frequency Response: 52Hz to 33kHz/ 850 Hz to 33kHz - with inline packaged crossover network
- Maximum Peak Power Handling - Watts: 450 Watts with packaged crossover network
- Nominal Load Impedance: 4-Ohm
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 85 dB
- System-Type: Coaxial 2-way
- Cut Out dimensions: 3"
- Mounting Depth: 1-3/8"
- Tweeter: 25mm
- Unit Shape: Round
- Unit Size: 3-1/2" / 25mm - Tweeter
- Basket Material: Resin
- Cone Material: Carbon and Mica reinforced Injected Molded Polypropylene - IMPP
- Custom Fit Basket: Yes
- Damper: Aramid Fiber
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Magnet Weight: 4.5 oz
- Surround Material: Rubber
- Surround Type: Rolled
- Voice Coil Material: Glass Imide
- Voice Coil Type: Single Voice Coil
- Voice Coil wire: Copper
- Wire Terminals: Lug Type
- Diaphragm Material: Polyetherimide (PEI)
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- Magnet Weight: 0.1 oz
- Type: Balance Dome
- UPC: 0884938498142
- Weight: 5
- Authorized Internet Dealer
Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warrantied if the defect is due to physical damage.