Our patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 13TW5v2 using a “concentric tube” structure that supports the 7-inch diameter voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placement of the large motor structure much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs, while allowing excellent linear excursion capability and mechanical stability. To unleash even more performance from this technology, the v2 improves upon the original 13TW5 with 13% greater linear excursion capability.
The cast alloy chassis has also been modified for greater strength and the redesigned motor now features an annular vent. The v2 is also available in single 2 ohm and single 4 ohm voice coil versions to fit a wide range of applications. In keeping with its “tight-spaces” mission, the 13TW5v2 is optimized for enclosures that are far smaller than most 12-inch woofers require and only a bit larger than the air space needs of a typical, small-box 10-inch woofer.
The mounting system is designed to fit in about the same footprint as a typical 12-inch woofer. The 13TW5v2 is best used with amplifier power in the 250W - 600W range and is optimized to operate in a 0.80 cu. ft. (22.7 l) sealed enclosure. Detailed enclosure recommendations can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
- 13-1/2" TW5 (Thin-Line) Series Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 600 watts
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- "Tab-Ear" frame design to fit driver in tight spaces
- Black Steel-Mesh Grille Insert Available: JL Audio SGRU-13
- Mounting depth: 2.625 "
- Cutout dimensions: 12.5 "
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.61 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85.63 dB
- Xmax: 11 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.2300%
- Frequency response: ~20 ~ 200 Hz
- Matching Amplifiers:
- JL Audio XD600/1v2
- JL Audio 600/1v3
- Recommended Power Range: 250 - 600 watts
- Impedance: Single 2-Ohm
- Mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Santoprene surround
- Cast alloy basket
- 7-inch diameter voice coil
- Unique design allows for small airspace requirements
- Requires only 0.8 cubic feet of airspace
- 13% greater linear excursion capability over previous model
- Redesigned motor features an annular vent
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- 13.5" 2-ohm subwoofer
- radical shallow-mount design with extremely small airspace requirements
- mica-filled polypropylene cone with Santoprene rubber surround
- cast alloy basket
- top-mount depth: 2-5/8"
- power range: 250-600 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 1,200 watts
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 85.51 dB
- sealed box volume: 0.8 cubic feet
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440921824
- Weight: 24
- Sku: 92182
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.
Do you own this product? Write a review
David Keller From Florida
|These subs where everything I wanted and more the fit nicely behind my seat
08 F250 Super Duty. The Bass is out of this world, I don't think you could put more in it and it sound any better. I have two behind the seat with no modifications.
Mr Roy From Baton Rouge la
|This is by far the best sub I ever owned dont let the price scare you I ordered two running off a old school zapco 600 competition amp on 2 ohms mono installed in a 2008 tundra crewmax custom built box out of 3/4 mdf dimension are 47 inches wide by 9 inches deep with a height of 22 inches high these subs really shine I think it will take a least 24 hours of beating to break these subs in so just buy it and you be amazed and happily overjoyed