Our most powerful amplifier ever employs our advanced Single-Cycle Control switching design and R.I.P.S. technology to deliver 1200 W of clean power into any impedance between 1.5 and 4 Ω, giving you the highest degree of flexibility in designing your subwoofer system.
Tight power supply regulation keeps distortion down and maximizes your bass quality. From a pure sound quality perspective, we invite you to compare the real-world, in-car performance of this amplifier to any other amplifier on the market, of any type, at any price. While targeted primarily to subwoofer applications, the HD1200/1 is a wide-range amplifier and can also be used to drive high-performance mid-range speaker systems.
This amplifier features a brushed aluminum finish with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel. A black powder-coated, gasketed cover is also provided to protect the controls.
- JL Audio HD Series Monoblock Class D Amplifier
- *RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- Black powder-coated, gasketed cover
- RealSink™: Vertical, cast alloy fins effectively dissipate heat
- Advanced Thermal Rollback protection system
- Single Cycle Control - high-fidelity, full-range class D
- Compares the real PWM waveform and then corrects it in each and every cycle
- (over 400,000 times per second)
- 80% efficiency at 1/2 rated power for the whole amplifier, including its power supply
- 60% less current draw than a typical Class A/B car amplifier of equal power
- Less generated heat, smaller chassis than a similarly powerful Class A/B design.
- Class D, switching type with patented Single-Cycle Control™ technology
- Pulse width modulation-regulated switching power supply
- LED power (green), protect (red) and low impedance (amber) indicators
- Selectable input voltage/sensitivity:
- Low level: 200mV - 2V
- High level: 800mV - 8V
- Selectable output polarity, "Phase": 0/180°
- Selectable State-variable slope: 12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley
- Selectable infrasonic filter, "Subsonic": Defeatable or 30 Hz
- Selectable filter modes: Low-Pass or High-Pass, Defeatable
- Cutoff Freq. Range: Continuously variable: 50 - 500 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.03% @ 4Ω (Average at 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ration:
- Referred to Rated Power: 111 dBA
- Referred to 1 Watt: 82.2 dBA
- Frequency response: 6 - 8,000 Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Damping Factor: >500 @ 4Ω/50 Hz, >250 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
- Recommended fuse rating: 100A x 1 (inline, not included)
- Dimensions: 10.74"L x 7.85"W x 1.93"H
- **4 gauge OFC power and ground wiring is recommended for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier. Click Here for our contact information.
- Removable Power/Ground and Speaker connectors
- Brushed aluminum finish chassis
- Compact, stackable chassis design
- Noise-killing, highly flexible differential-balanced inputs
- 1 Pair of Buffered preamp RCA outputs for daisy chaining the audio signal
- Speaker level inputs via RCA (JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW required and sold separately
- Remote bass level input (JL Audio HD-RLC required and sold separately)
- Optional stacking equipment for HD amplifiers: JL Audio HD Stack Kit
- mono subwoofer amplifer
- 1,200 watts RMS x 1 (rated power from 1.5 to 4 ohms)
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-500 Hz 12 or 24dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (30 Hz) and output polarity control
- removable power and speaker plugs
- optional wired remote for level control
- Single Cycle Control Class D amplifier design
- Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply System (RIPS) ensures consistent power output over a wide range of battery voltages and load impedances
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- UPC: 699440982504
- Weight: 9
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Maison From USA
| overall experience is a thrill and I'm enjoying my new treasure installed in my ride
Brian From Kcmo
|Great amp! Will not overheat like slash series models! Small and powerfull!
George From North Dakota
|This is the most solid all around amp i have ever owned!!! It doesnt overheat and has uncompromisingly clean signal! I have been looking for an amp its equal unsuccessfully for almost a year and with the discounts offered on this site it has unmached bang for your buck!!!