Born to produce a whopping 500 watts into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the RD500/1 amplifier was engineered to generate tons of pure subwoofer bliss from a sleek, ultra-compact chassis. The secret behind its power proficiency is our proprietary NexD™ switching technology, which delivers large amounts of power output with precise efficiency and ultra-low distortion.
For your convenience, the RD500/1’s controls are located on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections found along one side of its chassis. Signal processing features include a 12 dB / octave low-pass filter, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and a variable bass boost EQ. Dual-range, differential-balanced inputs are also on-hand, capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard, along with a set of preamp outputs so you can easily pass signals to another amplifier.
The RD500/1 is also equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity setting, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. The RD500/1 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted, dual-color LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition. With the addition of an RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately), you can control the subwoofer output directly from the driver’s seat.
- JL Audio RD500/1
- Class-D 2-Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 350 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohm: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 1 ohm: N/A
- Total power output: 1000 watts
- Frequency Response: 7 - 500 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1%
- Signal to Noise Ration: >80 dB
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 500 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +12 dB
- Fuse Rating: 50 A x 1
- 4 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation.
- Dimensions: 9.78"W x 6.96"D x 2.13"H
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Wired remote bass level control available, sold separately: JL Audio RBC-1
- Soft start turn-on
- Ultra sleek and compact chassis
- Mono channel operation
- NexD™ Technology delivers huge power with low distortion
- Equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator
- Top mounted dual color LED strip
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
- 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink for extreme heat dissipation
- UPC: 699440986182
- Weight: 7.01
- Authorized Internet Dealer