The New X-Series subwoofers were developed from a sound philosophy we call Alpine ID – a focus on highly accurate components built for superior imaging. A triple stacked magnet surrounds an extended voice coil which allows a very long excursion resulting in huge air movement. A specialized CRC pole with integrated cooling fins and an aluminum shorting cap reduce the lag of coil’s alternating movement while also providing cooling within the motor. The cone structure is suspended by two spiders and Alpine's patented H.A.M.R. surround. The stability of the dual-spider along with the even unfolding of the multi-roll surround create incredibly linear cone travel, free of any unneeded movement that cause distortion.
Built To Move Tons Of Air
The 24mm Xmax is best in class and allows close to 2 inches of full cone motion. In order to create a powerful yet accurate subwoofer, Alpine had to implement several technologies that keep the cone under control. Dual spiders ensure a rigid moving assembly while the HAMR surround provides long linear travel. A shorting ring keeps the THD down while a custom heat sink integrated CRC pole and shorting cap keeps high magnetic force. These design aspects come together to produce incredibly precise, powerful bass.
- 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- pulp/mica cone
- large HAMR rubber surround
- cast aluminum frame provides a rock-solid platform
- handles up to 900 watts RMS (450 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 2700 watts
- frequency response: 22-200 Hz
- Xmax: 28mm
- top-mount depth: 7-1/4"
- Alpine ID Sound Quality
- 900W RMS, making it a perfect match for the X-Series X-A90M 900W mono amplifier
- 24mm linear Xmax (1 way), 48 mm peak to peak
- Dual spiders for precision control over the large dynamic range
- Dual shorting rings for strong motor control ensuring low THD and tight bass
- Center pole radial heat sink which wicks heat away from the voice coil and transfers it outside the motor, for long term high output
- The biggest HAMR surround yet, for linear cone movement throughout its large range of excursion
- Light but rigid pulp/mica cone which allows for highly accurate bass with great natural tone
- Twist-lock Trim ring with full mesh grill included
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 793276040480
- Weight: 10
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.