- Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) Cone Construction
- Butyl Rubber Surround for Strength and Linearity During High Excursion
- Oversized 74.1 oz Double Stacked Magnet and Vented Pole Yoke for Increased Power Handling
- Butyl Rubber Surround
Made of a specially blended, highly durable and moisture-resistant compound, butyl rubber keeps the cone moving in a linear direction, seals the cone to the basket and quickly dampens cone vibration once the signal has changed or stopped. This results in less distortion and superior frequency response.
- Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP)
Polypropylene (PP) is a tough thermoplastic resin that is an ideal material for a subwoofer cone - with low mass and high damping, PP cones offer good sensitivity and low distortion. However, polypropylene cones lack the rigidity and strength required for high output and extreme low bass. To resolve this, Pioneer engineers used advanced Computer-Aided Manufacturing to develop a process to blend aramid fibers into the polypropylene resin during the injection molding process. The resulting Aramid Fiber Interlaced IMPP subwoofer cone is incredibly strong and low mass with high rigidity and superior strength to produce deep, powerful and undistorted bass.
- Large Diameter Voice Coil and Double Stacked Magnets
A subwoofer motor structure consists of the voice coil and magnet assembly. Increasing the diameter and length of the voice coil provides greater control of the woofer cone and higher power handling. To take full advantage, however, the magnet must also be increased, both in magnetic power and physical size. The D subwoofer uses an oversized 4-layer voice coil and high energy double stacked magnets to increase the overall power handling and SPL output with no sacrifice in sound quality.
- Sound Pressure Level (Sensitivity): 78dB (+- 1.5dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 4.7 kHz
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 600 Watts
- Maximum Peak Power Handling: 2000 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms Dual Voice Coil (DVC)
- Diameter: 12"
- Cone Material: Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP)
- Center Cap Material: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Surround Material: Butyl Rubber
- Basket Material: Stamped Steel
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Magnet Weight: 74.1 oz
- Mounting Depth: 6.2"
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 884938374408
- Weight: 14
*Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being blown, burned or abused.