JL Audio 12TW3-D8 TW3 Series Shallow-mount Subwoofer Driver
We are a JL Audio authorized dealer so you get up-to-date, fully warrantied products. Shipping is free to the lower 48 states on everything you order!
- •One 12" Thin-Line subwoofer
- •Voice coil connection warning
- •Owner's manual
A powerful subwoofer with a shallow-mount design and many unique features that only JL Audio can offer, the JL Audio 12TW3-D8 is an excellent upgrade option from your current stock subs. This 12-inch subwoofer can add a heart-pounding bass output without needing much space to fit inside your vehicle.
It has a mica-filled polypropylene cone and a rubber surround to ensure that the JL Audio 12TW3-D8 has the rigidity and durability to withstand the stress of extended usage at high volume levels while producing an accurate bass response with only less distortion.
Massive Low-frequency Performance
It is equipped with JL Audio's DMA-optimized motor design, which aids in reducing noise while producing a clean and massive low-frequency performance. It also has JL Audio's renowned Concentric Tube Suspension, which significantly improves the subwoofer's excursion, allowing for more air pressure, and resulting in louder and better bass performance.
The JL Audio 12TW3-D8 has a power output of 400 Watts RMS and can go up to 800 Watts of peak power at 8 ohms. It has a frequency response of 24 up to 200 Hz and a sensitivity rate of 84.23 dB, which allows the 12TW3-D8 to deliver deep and loud bass output with minimal distortion.
Learn how to wire subwoofers
- Diameter : 12 Inch
- Sensitivity : 84.23 dB
- Impedance : 8 Ohm
- Frequency Response : 24-200 Hz
- Peak Power Handling : 800 Watts
- Top Mount Depth : 3-1/2 Inches
- Shallow Mount : Yes
- Number of Voice Coils : Dual
- Suggested Sealed Box Volume : 1 Cubic ft.
- Suggested Ported Box Volume : 1.3 Cubic ft.
- RMS Power Handling : 400 Watts
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 400 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 200 - 400 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) Dual 8 Ω
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 32.660 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.558
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 10.071
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.668
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 1.205 cu ft / 34.12 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.6 in / 15.2 mm
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 84.23 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 83.517 sq in / 0.0539 sq m
- UPC: 699440921947
- Weight: 15
- Authorized Internet Dealer
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for repair within 1 year from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization.