Exclusive Cone Technology
The R-Series speakers use Alpine’s exclusive cone technology, Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP), which is a high-strength, lightweight material. CFRP can be custom-formed so that its fibers align in the same direction as the curve and shape of the cone, thereby reducing resonant peaks and increasing the speakers’ mid-bass performance and dynamic range. CFRP is also used as a tweeter diaphragm, enabling the speakers to perform into the 45kHz range and making them compliant with High-Resolution Audio playback.
More Rigid Dust Cap
Talc, a common mineral used in products such as baby powder and paint, has been found to have incredible damping properties while being less dense than the traditional Mica filler used in dust caps. By adding a calculated amount of talc to the mica polypropylene in the dust cap, Alpine were able to increase vibration absorption of the cap while lowering the density. The resulting lighter dust cap contributes to a faster attack and a more accurate reproduction of low frequencies.
- Peak: 2250watts
- RMS: 750 watts
- Recommended power range: 300 - 750W RMS
- CTA-2031 compliant power ratings
- Parabolic pulp/kevlar cone
- H.A.M.R. surround
- Polypropylene, mica and talc dust cap
- Reinforced cone neck and spider joint
- Cast aluminum frame with integral shorting sleeve
- 8AWG push terminals with VC configuration jumpers
- 2.6" High excursion overhung voice coil
- 111 oz. Strontium ferrite segmented magnet
- Top-mount depth: 5-7/8"
- Cutout diameter: 9-1/16"
- Frequency Response: 26 - 200Hz
- Sensitivity: 82.4dB
- Resonance Frequency (Fs): 30Hz
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 793276040534
- Weight: 10
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.