JL Audio RD1500/1 Class D Monoblock Amplifier
Engineered for high-power, subwoofer applications, the RD1500/1 monoblock amplifier is built to deliver staggering amounts of world-class bass output. Equipped with a special low impedance circuit, the RD1500/1 is capable of generating a whopping 1500 watts of output power, at either 1 or 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD). At the heart of this ultra-sleek and compact power plant is JL Audio’s exclusive NexD™ Class D technology, permitting high power output with exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
For your convenience, all of the RD1500/1’s controls are located on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections found along one side of its chassis. Signal processing features include a 12 dB / octave low-pass filter, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and a variable bass boost EQ. Dual-range, differential-balance inputs are also onboard, capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard, along with a set of preamp outputs so you can easily pass signals to another amplifier.
The RD1500/1 is also equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity setting, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. The RD1500/1 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted, dual-color LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition. Control of the subwoofer level from the driver’s seat is easily accomplished with the addition of the optional RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately).
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power 14.4 V
- @ 4 Ω 750 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 1000 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 1500 W RMS x 1
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power 12.5 V
- @ 4 Ω 700 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 850 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 1200 W RMS x 1
- Frequency Response 7 Hz – 500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power >80 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W >50 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω >1000 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω >500 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs Switchable from 200 mV – 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV – 8 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 80 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz – 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometer: No
- Filter Defeat Function: No
- Infrasonic Filter: No
- Bass Boost EQ: Yes
- Output Polarity Switch:l: No
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control: Optional (RBC-1)
- Remote Bass EQ Boost Control: No
- Pass-Through Preamp Output
- UPC: 699440986434
- Weight: 11
- Sku: 98643
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.