12W0v2-4 W0v2 12-inch Subwoofer Driver (300 W, 4 ohms)
The 12W0v2-4 is a rugged performer with excellent efficiency, excursion capability and linearity. Its overall performance envelope that puts it right at the top of its price class. It features a beefy 2 in. diameter voice coil and JL Audio's patented Elevated Frame Cooling design for enhanced power handling and reliability.
The 12W0v2-4 is best used with amplifier power in the 75W - 300W range and is optimized to operate in a moderately sized 1.375 cu. ft. (38.9 l) sealed enclosure, or a 1.75 cu. ft. (49.6 l) ported enclosure.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 300 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS): 75 - 300 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohms
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 28.43 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.715
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 10.709
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.67
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 2.530 cu ft / 71.64 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.45 in / 11.4 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.22%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**: 85.64 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 74.509 sq in / 0.0481 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re): 4.280 ohms
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- Weight: 10
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Vadim From Spokane, WA
This sub is amazing!
I had one of these subs in a sealed box built to perfectly match this subs recommended sealed box volume.
I had a 380w RMS Pioneer GM-5300T 2-channel amp running it.
I could NOT find the distortion point.. I turned the gain all the way up and I also turned the boost all the way up on my stereo. I could not hear any distortion. It was loud as hell.
I ended up turning it down to keep the amp safe.
This thing bumped harder than my current 12" Alpine type-r in a sealed box running off an infinity kappa one 500 rms.
This sub is what I call quality.
Darin From Ohio
great product, very well built. i have a pair of these in a sealed box running with a rockford prime 500.1. sounds nice. i was torn between these and the rockford prime subs to match the amp, but ive had the jl w0's before, and knew what i would be getting quality wise. these also seem to look a lot like the hifonics 12's that cost $35 here at ocs.. i know hifonics make good stuff too, but wasnt too sure about their low end stuff... might be worth looking at however.
Nischal R From Johannesburg South Africa
|its true what they say about JL Audio, I had my set of JLW0v1 12 ich 125 RMS in 1996 with an alpine 3544 amp driving them, they should knock like thunder, however these v2 rcok twice as much with the 2008 Alpine M1000 amp. JL audio it a class of its own.